If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by revising the date at the bottom of the Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification).
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The types of personal information we collect about you depend on your interactions with us and are described in more detail below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO US
We collect personal information directly from you, when you engage in any of the activities listed below:
· Place an order from our website;
· Make a purchase at one of our Bimini Beachwear Full-Price Retail Stores, Bimini Beachwear Restaurants & Bars or Bimini Beachwear Outlet Stores (collectively, our "Stores");
· Return an item or make an exchange from a previous purchase;
· Inquire about our products or services;
· Contact us to request assistance or provide feedback, including correspondence with Guest Services or our Store associates;
· Call us to make a reservation at one of our Bimini Beachwear Restaurants & Bars;
· Create an online account and profile;
· Subscribe to receive our emails;
· Enter a contest or sweepstakes;
· Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event; and
· Participate in Bimini Beachwear social media including ratings & reviews and stories.
The types of personal information we collect directly from you may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, birthday, marketing preferences, product preferences, account information (such as account password and promo award cards), payment information, information you provide to Guest Services, and information provided in your product reviews (such as user name, city, state, age range, height and body type).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect personal information when you access and use our Services or shop in our Stores. The types of personal information we collect may include:
· Networking and device information, such as your browser type, hardware model, operating system version, IP address, unique device identifiers, and language settings;
· Information about your activity on our Services, such as your access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our Services, and your use of any hyperlinks available within our Services;
· Information about your purchases or transactions with us, including records of products or services you have purchased, returned or are considering purchasing from us;
· Video recordings and photographs we collect in our Stores for security, fraud and loss prevention purposes; and
· Geolocation in accordance with your device permissions;
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information about you from:
· Other companies when we offer joint promotions and marketing campaigns;
· Other customers who provide information about you, such as to send you a gift or sign up for a refer-a-friend program;
· Providers of rewards programs and online booking services, such as companies we partner with to run the Bimini Beachwear Island Club mobile application and make online reservations for Bimini Beachwear Restaurants & Bars; and
· Advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, analytics companies, data hygiene and append companies and market research companies.
The types of personal information we collect from other sources may include name, contact information, demographic information, product preferences and product purchases.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DERIVE
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address or that you are interested in purchasing a certain type of clothing based on your browsing behavior on our Services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect to provide you with the best possible customer experience. Specifically, we use personal information to:
· Provide our products and services, complete transactions and as otherwise needed to carry out our ongoing business relationship with you;
· Communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions and other information, unless you have opted out of such communications (see "Opting Out of Marketing Communications" for more information);
· Administer and fulfill our contests, sweepstakes and other promotions and deliver rewards;
· Identify, report and repair errors that impair functionality of our Services;
· Analyze trends and statistics, learn more about your shopping preferences and your interaction with our Services, and improve your shopping experience;
· Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
· Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profiles or interests;
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
· Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information for the purposes described below:
· With our Affiliated Companies. We may share personal information with our holding company, subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes described in the "Use of Personal Information" section above.
· With our Service Providers. We share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, processing payments, conducting analytics, providing logistics services, etc. We contractually restrict these service providers from making any other use or disclosure of your information.
· With our Partners. We may share personal information when we partner with another company in a joint marketing program to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers. If you want to opt-out of this sharing, please contact us.
· With other Entities for Marketing Purposes. We may share your name, postal address, and shopping history with like-minded organizations whose privacy policies meet the Direct Marketing Association's privacy standards, for their direct mail marketing purposes. From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe are trustworthy and rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information, demographic information, and purchase history. If you want to opt-out of this sharing, please contact us.
· In Connection with a Corporate Transaction. Personal information may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of any purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Bimini Beachwear.
· With our Professional Advisors. We share personal information with our legal, financial, insurance and other advisors in connection with the kinds of corporate transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of Bimini Beachwear’s business or operations.
· With Law Enforcement Authorities and Individuals Involved in Legal Proceedings. We may share personal information about you, if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Bimini Beachwear or others.
· With Your Consent or at Your Direction. We share personal information with third parties when we have your consent, or you intentionally direct us, to do so. For example, if you decide to participate in certain interactive areas or features of the Services, such as writing a product review, you consent to the disclosure of any personal information you provide in connection with your post.
Accessing and Correcting Your Account Information
You can review and modify your online account information at any time. To access your online account, simply click "My Account" at the top of any web page, and sign in when prompted. You can also update your account information by calling Guest Services at 1.954.745.7999.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. Bimini Beachwear provides a choice in communication for customers so you can receive information from us at your discretion. If you would like to stop receiving promotional communications from us, please contact us and specify from which list(s) you would like to be removed from ("Do Not Email," "Do Not Mail," or "Do Not Call"). Please note that requests by email or phone may take up to ten business days to process. You can also unsubscribe from our promotional emails by clicking the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any Bimini Beachwear promotional email.
You may choose not to provide your precise geolocation data in connection with your use of our mobile application by declining any prompt requesting such information. You may prevent this collection by changing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of location information or by disabling Bluetooth on your device.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook, Microsoft or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Occasionally we provide links on our websites to other sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of us and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites which are provided solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
If you visit our website from the European Economic Area ("EEA") and choose to sign up for our marketing emails, we will process your personal information to send you marketing communications. The legal basis for such processing is our legitimate interest in providing you information that may be of interest to you. If you have questions about Bimini Beachwear's data practices or would like to exercise other rights that may be available to you under local law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 00+1.954.745.7999.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio and visual information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see "Collection of Personal Information" above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the "Use of Personal Information" section above. We collect personal information directly from you (for example, when you place an order from our website or make a purchase at one of our Stores), automatically when you access or use our Services or shop in our Stores, and from third-party sources as described in the "Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources" section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Categories of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Advertising and marketing networks, Internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, event partners, fraud prevention partners
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law
Advertising and marketing networks, data analytics providers
Advertising and marketing networks, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners, event partners, fraud prevention partners
Internet and electronic network activity information
Advertising and marketing networks, Internet service providers, data analytics partners, operating systems and platforms, cloud service providers, fraud prevention partners
Cloud service providers
Audio and visual information
Fraud prevention partners
Advertising and marketing networks, data analytics providers
To learn more about how we share information, see the "Sharing of Personal Information" section above.
The CCPA requires us to provide transparency about personal information we "sell," which broadly means sharing personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration, and to give California residents the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. In the preceding 12 months, we sold the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties to provide you with advertising and marketing communications:
Categories of Personal Information
Categories of Third Parties
Our affiliated companies, joint marketing campaign partners, other retailers, and advertising and marketing networks
Advertising and marketing networks
Internet and electronic network activity information
Advertising and marketing networks
We describe these disclosures of personal information in more detail in the "Sharing of Personal Information" section above. If you are a California resident, you can submit your request to opt-out of having your personal information shared with third parties for marketing activities ("Do Not Sell My Information Request") here, or by calling 1.954.745.7999.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers with the right to request more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected, sold and disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, deletion of their personal information, and to opt out of sales of their personal information. California consumers also have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under CCPA. California consumers may exercise their rights to opt out of the sale of their personal information here. California consumers may exercise all other rights here. Once we receive the request, we will validate the information that you provide and send a message to the email address you provided in the request, asking you to verify that it is your email address. Please follow the instructions in that email to verify your email address. We will begin processing your request once you verify your email address. The online request form allows us to receive and begin working on requests from California consumers most efficiently, but if you prefer to talk to someone on the phone, or you have a disability that makes it difficult to use the online request forms, you may call 1.954.745.7999 to submit a request. To designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf, please contact us. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Shine the Light Law
California's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy.
YOUR CANADIAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
When we collect or otherwise acquire personal information about Canadian customers from third parties, we enter into a contract with the third party which requires them to ensure, and provide assurances to us, that they obtained informed express consent to disclose your personal information to us. If you want to know if we have obtained any information from a third party, or have any questions or concerns about the collection, use, disclosure, or correction of your personal information please contact us as set out below.
We do not share any personal information about our Canadian customers for marketing purposes such as shopping history or account information. We do provide your postal address as a Bimini Beachwear customer with marketing partners to use for direct mail marketing purposes. If you would like to opt-out of the provision of your information for this purpose, please contact us.
Your personal information may be stored and accessed by us in Canada and the United States. We use third party service providers which may be located in, or may have servers in the United States or another country. Your information may be accessible to governmental and law enforcement organizations in those countries. We do not authorize any of our service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information. We transfer your information to these third party service providers only to the extent necessary for them to perform the services on our behalf.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or text if you have expressly asked us to do so.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information practices, please contact us at:
Last Revised: November 26, 2022